Thursday, June 23, 2011

Been Caught Stealing!

Ok, not stealing, just scraplifting! This is my version of Cindy Royal's Birthday Pinwheel Set from page 84 of Cricut Magazine's June/July 2011 issue. I knew I would have an opportunity at some point to create my own version of the card so I tagged the page for future use. My Mom announced that she needed a card for a friend's birthday last night, so off I went.
Since I am still finishing up the K&Company Berry Sweet Papers, I used them for this card. I honestly thought the paper would be near the end, but here is what's left.


Oh, and there are smaller scraps left too. I am going to have to do some layouts soon because using the paper just for cards will prevent me from buying any new paper for the next two years! Oh well, enough complaining about my paper ban!  Here is my card:



Materials used:
K&Company Berry Sweet Paper
Martha Stewart cardstock (Green and Pink)
Cricut Expression 2 Machine
Mother's Day 2010 Cartridge
Walk In My Garden
Cuttlebug and Swirled embossing folder
Lollipop stick, Flower Embellies, Buttons
Viva Decor Pearl Pen
Happy Birthday Stamp

I cut my base of the card at 5 inches. The pin wheel from Mother's Day 2010 is 2 inches, the flower from Walk In My Garden is 1 inch and the leaves are .75 inches. The banner from Mother's Day 2010 is 5 inches long, so it fit across the entire bottom of the card. I cut the rectangles with a paper trimmer, I adhered the patterned papers and stamped Happy Birthday with Stampin Up Raspberry ink. Getting the border on the banner and stamping the sentiment were tricky. I tore a couple of borders because they are so fine, and I had a little trouble centering the sentiment. After a couple of tries, I was able to get a nice stamp, but it still wasn't as centered as I hoped it would be, so I added the little flowers.
 Here's a close up of the Pin Wheel
I can't believe it took me so long to discover the pin wheel on this cart! It will be making more appearances on my cards! I cut the flower from Walk In My Garden and ran it through the Cuttlebug
I added some little buttons to the rectangle the flower is on and used my Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add some embellies to the corners. Using my computer I generated a sentiment and added another flower for interest.

I think the Cricut Design Team are incredibly talented crafters and always enjoy the blog and magazine designs they work to create for us! If you haven't seen the ProvoCraft's Cricut Blog, check it out here or by clicking the link on the sidebar. I am now subscribed to Cricut Magazine so that I can get even more inspiration! I have a feeling there might be more scrapping crimes committed soon!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen


7 comments:

  1. love that paper....this came out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing many more of your creations, I am now a follower. :)

    Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You.

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I love the soft and elegant colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! I've never really tried to make tags before. Yours are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I'm just glad I was been able to visit your site. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete