Friday, June 3, 2011

A Card for Finley


Hi friends and fellow crafters! I have been so busy lately that my crafting time has taken a big hit. I usually keep my blog about my cards or crafts, so I haven't updated it recently. I've finally had the chance to sit down a create something.
I am a member of the Cricut Circle, and sometimes a fellow member requests cards for special reasons.  This is a card for Finley,  a fellow Circlet's neighbor's 3 year old child. The child had an accident that resulted in cutting her thumb off. Surgeons reattached it, and were treating it using leeches. Hopefully Finley is on the road to recovery.
I wanted to make something fun for Finley, so I used my favorite High Hopes Stamp, Dudley the Dragon blowing bubbles. I am still using that never ending supply of K & Company's Berry Sweet Paper! :) I also used DCWV Glitter Cardstock for the base of the card. Using my Cricut, I cut the background from Recollections cardstock that I had sitting on the shelves for at least a year! The smaller mat is that blasted K&Company Paper and I cut some circles to use for bubbles from white cardstock. I found out two days after the card was made that I did have a bubbles cut on a cartridge after all! I am beginning to think I have way too many Cricut Cartridges! For the inside of the card, I used more K & Company Berry Sweet paper and wrote a little poem that I printed on cardstock.
I know, I am not a poet, but lucky for me, Finley is only 3 and should enjoy it simply because it rhymes! I added some Jolee's crystals with my I-rock for some sparkle.

I colored Dudley with pretty much all the YG copic markers I have! He looks much brighter in person. I suppose I need to check the settings on my camera. The mushroom is colored with RV's and I added some stickles. The bubbles are BG0000, B000 and RV000.

I used Diamond Glaze and sprinkled MS Glitter on it before it dried to add lots of sparkle on the front of the card. I popped the "bubbles" with pop dots and added some little flowers I had hanging around on my table for more bright colors and sparkle. I printed out the words on the computer and added them on two small tags I cut on a some scraps of ---you guessed it---K & Company Berry Sweet Paper!
I finished the front with some bright Prima Flowers.
Hopefully this card will brighten a sweet little girl's day. It made me very happy to create it for her!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

6 comments:

  1. Well Colleen I am sure that you have hit a home run with Finley she will love it. It is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the poem and so will Finley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen this is absolutely adorable. It also gave me a much needed out loud laugh when I read that you "pooped" the bubbles!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!
    B~ I thought I had checked the post before posting and even had Pete check it for me. I can't believe that got past us! It is funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too adorable! The dino is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete