Friday, May 10, 2013

This Little Piggy: NSD Circleville Challenge: E-I-E-I-O

Hi friends and fellow crafters! Are you tired of me yet? I think I have posted more in the past 5 days then I have in the past 5 months! This will be a very short post today. If you are here for the Easel Card Tutorial, click this link. Jenny at the Cricut Circle issued a challenge for us to use a barnyard animal on a project. When I pieced the pig together, I followed Nadia's dimension tutorial on her fabulous blog, With Glittering Eyes.  Nadia is one creative paper crafter/artist. This is one blog, you really must visit! I chose the cute little piggy from County Fair and cut it at 3.8 inches. I inked the pig following Nadia's tutorial and as I put the pig together, I popped the ears in the center and glued them at the top and on the bottom. I also did the same thing with the pigs legs and snout. I loved how it turned out. Here is a close up of the pig.



Isn't this one cute piggy? Here is the card.
 
 
So you may have noticed that I didn't add a sentiment yet on my little piggy. I have two ideas for it, and I can't decide which to use.
 
I used Die Cut With A View, Nana's Nursery Cardstock on this card. I cut a 4.8 x 4.8 doily from Cricut Alphabet and the photo corners are from Picturesque and cut at .875 x .875. I inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Spun Sugar. I inked the Green Gingham background paper with Pear Ink from Close To My Heart. I added some pearl embellishments and Prima flowers.
 
I am so glad that Jenny chose this challenge for us! It was really enjoyable and I just love the little piggy!
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
 
Happy Crafting!
Colleen
 

1 comment: