Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cute As A Button NSD Circleville Challenge: The Crazy B's

Hi friends and fellow crafters! If you are looking for the easel card tutorial, it is here.

I finished another challenge for NSD Circleville! Yay me! This one was called The Crazy b's. We needed to use, Brads, Bling, Buttons and a Baby for the challenge. Terri from Scrappin With The Bug was the host for this fun challenge. Her blog is just fantastic.
I saw this layout on Scrapbook.com and pinned it, so this challenge gave me the chance to use another pin for inspiration! Here is my layout. It was a chance to use my stash of buttons in a fun way!


At first I was going to free hand the buttons for the heart, but I decided to make a base to adhere them to instead. The heart measures 6.5 by 5x8.  It's from Cricut Essentials. I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Frayed Burlap to add some color to the heart, incase anything was showing through the buttons.


Here's what it looks like finished.


I used Kate's Abc's for the title. I used the Cricut Craft Room to alter the width of the title. It is long when you first put it on the mat, I changed it have more of a square look. I also inked it with the Distress Ink. All the papers and stickers are from Echo Park, For The Record 2 collection. I added some cute boy brads across a sticker border. I was testing ideas for placing the shapes, when my son came along a pressed them down, so that is how they stayed. LOL! I like the way it looks. I added some bling to the bottom button on the heart and on a stickers. So there you have it, Baby, Brads, Bling and lots of Buttons. The CRAZY B's!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen
CCR File

1 comment:

  1. Your LO is adorable--that baby photo is great-- what a fun expression! Love that 'you are my happy' embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete