Saturday, April 19, 2014

Narelle's Pinterest Party!

Hi friends and fellow crafters! Today I am sharing a project I made based on my pin from Creative Me, Inspired By You that I pinned on to my board at Pinterest called Ideas For Kaylee. Cricut Circle members and Cricut Blog followers might remember Kristen Swain from the Cricut Design team. I always loved her beautiful frilly designs and finally have a chance to re-create some of them! Here is Kristen Swain's Easter Basket



We have waited a lifetime for a baby girl in our family, so my great niece Kaylee is going to be quite spoiled. I am super excited because I finally get to make lots of girly girl things! After 4 nephews and 1 son, this is truly a treat for me!

Last week, I pinned a her beautiful Easter Basket decorated with tulle. I spent a couple of hours today creating my own version of the basket for Kaylee's 1st Easter. Here is my finished basket.

 

I decided to use different colors of tulle and while Kristen's created her own handle, I took the easy way out and used a basket with a handle. LOL! Kristen gives great directions on how to use create the skirt. It was fun and easy. I may even try to make an actual tutu for my niece now. LOL!

 
I wrapped some pretty tulle around the handle and added a tulle bow that I made.


Above is a close up of the skirt.
 


In the basket is a cute little photo album that I filled with recent photos of Kaylee for her Mom. I also added the bottoms to an extra outfit I ordered for Kaylee's 1st birthday from Mud Pie. The onsie that comes with the bottoms is wrapped on a hanger and was too big to put in the basket. I almost took it out, but decided that since the baby's birthday isn't until July, it was better off wrapped. Finally I placed the cutest pair of Converse Chuck Taylor's in the basket. Even the box they came in was cute!
 
 
Look how little it is!
 
It was fun to actually take a project that I have pinned and recreate it. Why not check out Narelle's blog and join the party!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
 
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Chucks are all I wear and I own a pair in this color-lol. You are blessed to be able to lavish a girlie girl! I'm hoping for a granddaughter someday-soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Colleen! What a lucky Great Niece you have!! Thanks for joining the Pinterest party!!

    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable! The tulle skirt is so precious and fluffy! Love those pink Converse too - great first Easter basket for a great niece!

    ReplyDelete