Sunday, February 2, 2014

Simple Valetines

Hi friends and fellow crafters! I don't know about you, but I am officially sick of winter. We are expecting anywhere from 3-6 or 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow depending on which TV station is on in the house. Today being Ground Hog day, I was hoping the little critter would promise some relief, but not even he could help us.  He sees his shadow and we are in for 6 more weeks of winter. Ugh. So to beat those winter blues. Danny and I decided to warm our hearts by doing something good with our snow days.

There is nothing that warms my heart like crafting for a good cause. Today I am sharing some super cute and easy to make Valentine's Day cards. These cards are going to be donated to a crafting friend whose little girl is celebrating 7 years cancer free! Go Lindsey! You can see her FB page here. She is a beautiful little girl and to celebrate the miracle that she is, Lindsey and her family donate cards and goodies to the East Tennessee Children's Hospital on Valentine's Day. Last year, they brought Build A Bears with them as well as cards, goodies and supplies for the Ronald McDonald House. The Build A Bear was such a success that they are doing it again. We decided to send a pre-paid gift certificate along with our cards and let Lindsey have the honor of creating a bear for some well deserving children.

Here are the cards we made. I used my Cricut, the Spring Holiday Cards cartridge and a digital card with a dinosaur that I bought last year with some credit I had. They were so simple and fun to make. Danny had lot's of fun helping with the glitter and gluing. I still need to use an adhesive eraser to get some glue off of the cards. Thank you to my Nikon camera for picking that up for me. LOL!









All totaled, we made 22 cards. I hope next year we can send more.
 
Other than snow, love is in the air! Next week I am participating in a super blog hop! There are some great crafters joining in! Make sure you stop on by to visit on February 8th! I will have some blog candy and another Valentines day project to share with you!
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
 
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

6 comments:

  1. Those are really Cute Colleen!!! How sweet to donate them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute and good job! how about giving those hearts a smile? just saying. I posted the horse/puppy commercial I was telling you about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are ALL ADORABLE!!!!!
    There is nothing like crafting for a Cause to fill your heart with an overwhelming JOY!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cause and super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-wee!! You and Danny did a fabulous job. I know the kids will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AWESOME! I need to get crackin on my children's valentine's!

    ReplyDelete