Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Own Personal Challenge


Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! Did you ever feel like challenging yourself to try something new? Yesterday, I was looking at my mess craft table and decided that I was going to make a card using only what was sitting there. I went with a Christmas card since the card making season is upon us! Here's what I came up with:



Everything on this card are left overs from the Circle Challenge card. I almost tossed the strips out in the garbage, but decided against it. The bird was cut when I accidentally enlarged it on the Gypsy and didn't realize it until I cut it with my Cricut. I added some Jolees crystals that were on my table to the strips.


The  sentiment was going to be the one for the inside of the challenge card, but I tossed it aside and cut the sentiment with my Cricut. I dressed it up with an extra border I had, and a couple of bronze skittles. I also used the skittles on the front of the card. I added the hearts to the other side of the card for fun, and used some Distress Stickles in Rock Candy on it. It's hard to see the Rock Candy, but it has a real nice effect on the hearts.

So that is my quick card. It's pretty cool that this
turned into this

The best part is that the card only took me about 20 minutes to put together once I had the idea. I know I saw something similar in one of my magazines, but for the life of me, can't remember which one! I hope you enjoy my left over card! Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. I am always impressed with scrappy cards! What a great job you did with your stash! I have been wanting to make this tree, and you did a great job!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft table looks just like my work area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes complete sense!It sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very smart of you to make yourself use what was already out on your table. Sometimes you just have to do that...it's considered cleanning up? recycling? whatever, it worked and now you have a beautiful card to show for it!

    ReplyDelete