Friday, November 11, 2011

Cricut Monthly Magazine Challenge

 Hi Friends and fellow crafters! Can you believe it's Veteran's Day already? My Dad and my Uncles were all veterans, so I always try to remember the true reason for today. It's not just great sales, it's about great American Soldiers and all they, and their loved ones sacrifice for us. Thank you to all the Vets that have kept my Country, my fellow Americans, other countries and their citizens, and my loved ones all safe from harms way! God Bless you all.


OCTOBER MAGAZINE CHALLENGE!

Who's feeling lucky today? It's 11/11/11!
I hope I am one of the lucky today and win the magazine challenge at Cricut's Circle Magazine Challenge! Anyone who owns a Cricut knows $150.00 credit will go a loooong way towards some great cartridges and crafting happiness!

OCTOBER SKETCH CONTEST!

We are so excited about our new sketch section in the Circle Magazine that we want to get you in on the action! Use this month’s sketch on page 9 and 10 of the October Issue to create your own masterpiece. It can be a card, layout, decor item, or whatever you are inspired to create.
Contest Rules: Use this month’s sketch and at least 3 Cricut cuts to create your project. Contest will open on October 22nd. Please upload a working link or picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. Please, one entry per person. Entry deadline is Friday, November 11th. The winner of this contest will receive $150.00 credit to Cricut.com!

My details:
Cricut Imagine and Gypsy
Cricut carts: Snow Friends, Christmas, Flower Shoppe,
Celebrate With a Flourish, Ribbons and Rosettes and
Imagine Celebrate The Seasons
Vagabond and Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing folder
My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas Paper and K&Company Christmas Papers
SEI Red Velvet paper
Tim Holtz Ticket Stamp
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Iced Spruce, Festive Berries,
Evergreen Bough and Gathered Twigs
Tim Holtz Crackle Paint: Rock Candy
Stickles: Aqua, Gold, Diamond and Orange
Viva Decor Pearl Pen: Anthracite
Glimmer Mist: Spring Rain
Assorted gems from my stash

I am so behind on Christmas Cards. Thank goodness I made a few back in July for the Christmas in July online swarm! LOL! This card will go to a friend of mine who is a true snowman lover! Since the sketch we are following were two cards that are in the online Circle magazine, I'll tell you what I thought were the components for it.  The three components from it for my card are the wreath, which on the sketch is a circle component. The Heart, which is a heart on the sketch, and the snowman which is am image of your choice for the sketch, I also think the border was a component, but I'm not 100% sure, so I used one anyway.  Better safe than sorry!

I love the snowmen on Snow Friends, so I decided to use one on my card. I was lucky in July online swarm, and won a great My Minds Eye paper stack courtesy of Sara on the Cricut Circle boards. I loved the snowflake paper in it and wanted  to use that as my background on some kraft paper. I broke my spending ban, (although not the paper ban part of it) and ordered the new Tim Holtz Autumn and Winter limited edition Distress Inks, so I figured I had better use them. I inked the flower from Flower Shoppe, and a Tim Holtz Ticket stamp. The colors are amazing. If you are a distress ink fan like myself, my advice is to grab 'em while they are out!


I have to say that I am a major paper flower maniac, and the I can't get enough of these flowers. My Prima flowers have been collecting dust since I was given this cartridge!
The border was cut from Ribbons and Rosettes, it's a pretty Christmas Tree. I can't wait to try the Rosette that matches this cut! I tied some twine around the border for fun.

The heart was made by following a technique from Tammy Tutterow's Blog which was a debossing technique using Crackle Paint in Rock Candy. I am obsessed with this technique and have so many ideas running through my head for it. I used a studio G stamp to lightly stamp "I Believe" on the heart, but I am thinking about going back and making it darker, I still haven't decided.  The Rock Candy Crackle paint doesn't translate well on the pictures, but it looks really cool.


I used a wreath from Christmas as the Circle component. I found some green and red gems on my desk and used them as berries. I like this wreath and have to remember that it's in my Gypsy so that I'll use it again.

The inside of the card is a shape from my Imagine Machine and a color pattern from Celebrate The Seasons. I cut Let It Snow from Celebrate With A Flourish and used that as my sentiment.



I really enjoyed this challenge, and I hope my girlfriend enjoys this card! So all that's left for me to do is to link it up and hopefully this will be my lucky day! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Happy Veteran's Day!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen


 




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card. You sure have included lots of wonderful details.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete