Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stamped Tag Swap


Hi friends and fellow crafters! I have a fun post to share today. I was in a Stamped Image Tag Swap a little while ago and received my tags on June 27th. I have been trying to get these posted for ages! It was a great  and simple swap. Use Ranger manila tags. Take 2 of your favorite images. Stamp 10 tags with one and nine with the other. Add one embellishment. For the last tag, we had a secret swapper that we had to make a special tag for. Here are the tagss I received back from my very crafty fellow swappers.

These are my tags that I made. I used Stampin Up Inks in Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise on these tags. The Stamp is from Tim Holtz and is called Urban Chic. The sentiment is from Close To My Heart and is called Wings. I cut the Hummingbirds from Art Nouveau and colored them with Copics. I also added a pin that I made.




These are my cuties from Stampotique and is called Arty. This is one of my favorite stamps. I paired her with A Picasso Quote from the CTMH Wings set. I used the dragonfly from Doodlecharms, cut them with Shrinky Dink material, colored them with copics and put them in the oven for a couple of minutes. Easy Peasy. 



So these were my tags. My special tag was for Renee. I used Tilly  by Khrista Smith at Saturated Canary. I colored her with copics. This was the first time I ever tried making clouds. I followed this video that Sis recommended in our swap thread. You can find it here
My clouds came out a little bit slanted. Sorry about that, Renee! I added some dimension using Jolees flowers and stems. I also added pins, lace, crystals and Prima Flowers.



I also made a card for Renee using a Hummingbird and a Prima Flower. The papers are from Graphic 45.


Next is a card I made for Sis. I used the cutest digi stamp from Khrista Smith at Saturated Canary called  Krafty Kate. I colored her with copics and used papers from the Dear Lizzy collection called Neapolitan. I cut a little banner using my Cricut and added brads to the ends. Sis was a great swap hostess. She had lots of inspirational videos and we had great conversations during the creative time. She also turned the swap around super fast. I can't believe she was able to sort out our tags to quickly!



Here is the tag I received back. Angela, Tiffy's Mom created this for me. Isn't it lovely? The flower is grunge paper, and all the embellishments are gorgeous!




I also received one of her stamped tags too!



Here are the other tags!


























Finally, there were also 2 RAKs in the box. This cute Grungeboard frame from Sis. I am using it for my  special tag.


And Francine sent us this adorable tag. I plan on saving it for my Great Niece's 1st Birthday layout.


This was such a fun swap and we hope to do it again in the Autumn. I hope you might find some crafty inspiration after looking at them! Don't forget to stop by my blog this weekend for our Christmas in July Hop week 2! This week we will be showcasing Cards. It will be fun and there will be some candy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted theses!! Makes me want to go dig into mine now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Colleen! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of these and share them - it's perfect. And extra special thanks for the lovely card! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing all these lovely creations! I only wish I could have fully participated in the swap. Still, it was great fun providing a RAK. I got to use my beloved Imagine again! Beautiful job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been missing my tags as I had to pack them shortly after receiving them. I feel like my tag is so plain as I tried to stick that that 1 image and 1 embellishment "rule". Next time, I'll be wide open like the rest of you. ;) Your special tags are really fabulous...the made and received. And I loved Francine's RAK tag as well. What a great post. Thanks for taking the time to do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tags! What a fun swap!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful tags -- thanks so much for posting pics!! Love your hummingbirds -- they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! What a delightful post! Talk about overwhelming beauty and creativity!! The tags are marvelous!! Thank you for sharing all these lovely works-of-art!!

    ReplyDelete