Monday, June 24, 2013

Fairy Splendor with Tiddly Inks

Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! This past weekend we celebrated my nephew's future baby girl with a fun Baby Shower. Along with the owls, I made two pictures using Fairy Sunny Day and Fairy Happy Day from Tiddly Inks for the baby's nursery. I have been practicing coloring with my copics and I have learned some great coloring techniques from Alyce at Kit and Clowder and from her You Tube Channel. Talk about talented! I have been a  follower for awhile, but only recently had the nerve to attempt her coloring techniques. Here are my pictures.

I love Tiddly Inks. The images are so sweet and just perfect for a baby's room. I used most of the same colors that Alyce recommends on her Copic Speed Coloring Technique video for my pictures. I changed a few colors around just to keep it personal, and I used a distress ink cloud technique for the background. I learned it from a tag swap we are doing at the Circut Circle. The video can be found here if you are interested. It is very simple, I used a cloud formation cut that I found on Paper Pups. I cut it with the Cricut Craft Room and my Mini.  I placed it against my image and just sponged some color on my paper working upward from the cloud stencil I created.  It looks really nice on the picture.
I started by printing out a 4.5 x 6.5 copy of my digi stamps on to Papertrey Ink White Cardstock. I like the basic white cardstock because it holds the color nicely and doesn't bleed. I did the skin first using E000, E00, E11, E21, E04, and R20. I colored their hair with E13, E15, E18, and then I used E29 for the darkest parts. I tried to make the dresses similar to the way Alyce made the dress on her tutorial, but I couldn't quite get the folds. I did ok with mine. I used BG000, BG13, BG49 and I also added in BG01. I blended with BG0000. I lost track of all the colors I used on the mushroom. I started with Y35, Y38, E15, E18, then I added YR31, YR68, and YR000 to blend the colors. I
used E40, E41, E42, E43, E44 and E47 on the stump and dots. I followed the colors Alyce used for the purples. They were V000, V01, V04, V06 and V09. I also used them for the shoes. I used many of the same Y colors for the flowers. I also used RV000, RV02 and RV04 for the flower in her hair. The grass was done in G21, YG03, G94, G99 and a couple of greens that I can't remember. LOL!

I used a mixture of the V's and BG's for the wings, I tried to do them similar to the way the Alyce did them on the video. Mine turned out different, but still pretty.  Once the fairies were done, I added the sky to the background. I also used stickles on a couple of flowers and the wings. I just couldn't resist!
Here is Fairy Sunny Day. She was done with the same colors as Fairy Happy Day.
I picked up the frames in Michaels. They fit so nicely in them. I am really proud of these. I owe a big thanks to Alyce at Kit and Clowder for the tutorial and inspiration.

I still have a couple more Fairy Digi's to make for my Great Niece's nursery. I hope to have them done in a couple of weeks. Here is one more look at my beautiful little fairies.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous -- you should be very proud!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the clouds. I am going to have to check out the links you shared -- thanks!!