Monday, December 17, 2012

It's Christmas Time


And we party with the elves yeah!


 Happy Holidays, Friends and Fellow Crafters! Today I am sharing a wall hanging with you that I created for the Cricut Fanatics Blog.  The hanging is for my son. He is a Christmas music lover and this is a line from a song that he really enjoys. Christmas music runs constantly from Thanksgiving until New Year's Eve in our home. I am a lover of the classic Christmas tunes, my son loves it all, but my poor husband is a guitarist and really needed some music to call his own. A few years ago, I picked him up a rockin' CD called Ho Ho Hoey-The Complete Collection, by a guitarist called Gary Hoey. He is a rock guitarist but he does a rap type of song called the Twas The Night Before Christmas. My son loves it! It's actually a funny song with some great guitar playing. One of the lines that my hubby and I rap for my son is "we party with the elves, yeah"! Naturally that puts him into fits of laughter. I've had this idea floating around in my head to make him something like this for quite some time now and finally got around to it!
I used my Gypsy to create the hanging. The back is chipboard and I covered it with papers from my stash.


This cut is from Art Philosophy and I fiddled with the sizing to make it longer. It measures 9.75 high by 11 inches wide. Then I used two Christmas papers from my stash and cut one just slightly smaller to make a layer. I know the top layer is from K&Company, but I can't say for sure where the bottom layer of paper came from.


The elves are from Jolly Holidays. I wanted the elves to look like they were jumping, so I used the elf with the wagon, then I cut the wagon off. I also flipped two of the three elves. The are cut at 4.20 wide by 3.10 high. I used K&Company Paper for their suits. I added a little chalk to their cheeks for a rosy glow. I embellished them with some pen stitching and used Stickles to give them some sparkle.





The center elf is attached to an Action Wobbler. My son likes to make him wobble.
Santa is 4.5 high by 4.0 inches wide. He is also attached to an Action Wobbler. I used Stickles on him and Glossy Accents on his umbrella to give it a wet appearance. I added a belt buckle to his belt using a Gold paint pen and added some fake stitching to his suit. I also used the paint pen to add a little accent to his shoes.



The letters for "party and elves" are from an oldie but goodie cartridge, Cuttin' Up. They are 2.5 inches tall. I used Calligraphy Collection for the words "with the". I like the contrast they provide.

Finally, since it is for my son, I didn't want to use ribbon on it, so I used some Jewelry wire to hang the sign up. I wanted it to look curly in keeping with the fun theme, so I twisted it around a paint brush.




I used my Big Bite to punch a couple of holes and ran the wire through the back.




I am so happy I finally got around to creating this and have enjoyed sharing it with you today!
I wish everyone a joyous holiday!
Happy Crafting!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Colleen 

Designed by:  Colleen McCauley
Machines Used:  Cricut Expression, Gypsy
Cartridges Used: Cuttin' Up, Calligraphy Collection, CTMH Art Philosophy and Jolly Holidays
Supplies Used: Action Wobblers, Paper from my stash, Glossy Accents, Stickles, Pebbles Chalk, Wire and Chipboard.






3 comments:

  1. OH!!!! How fun is this!! I love that you made the elves dance around-- how fun to make it capture the song lyrics! This is a great project and I love the curly wire hanger!!!

    This is just perfect and what a fun bit of decor that makes your family smile!!!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the Cricut site and loved it! Jolly Holidays has the cutest elves!

    ReplyDelete