Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Two More Cards for Arkansas Children's Hospital


HI Friends and Fellow Crafters! One of my earlier posts featured a card  that I sent to a crafter friend for a Card Shower at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Here is the link in case you missed it and wanted to see the card. I also entered it in  the Color Challenge and was really excited to see it had been one of the winners. I even got a nice new badge for my blog!  I want to share the other 2 cards I sent to my friend in remembrance of her daughter. The first card is from Mo Manning and is called Soaking Up the Joy. The papers on the front of the card are from Little Yellow Bicycle. I had been saving scraps of the paper from an earlier project and decided to use them. I colored her with Copics. The flower is from Prima and the butterfly is a sticker from K&Co. There is a pin in the flower from my stash, but since I knew a child would be handling the card, I cut the tip off and rounded in the end of it. I wouldn't want any little fingers getting hurt.


The inside of the card are papers printed with my Imagine. The border is the Little Yellow Bicycle paper and the Dragonfly is another K&Co sticker. My Mom and I would go to the craft stores, and she loved to buy stickers, so I have many packages from our adventures. I even boxed up a bunch of them to donate in an effort to stop hoarding them. I rarely use stickers these days because my of my Cricut. LOL!

Speaking of Cricut, the next card was made with my Imagine. I wanted to create a card for a little boy, so I used my Buccaneer cart to create a simple, but fun card. I added "Ahoy" to the flag and adhered it to a tea stained lollipop stick. I used a little twine for fun and popped pretty much all the cuts up. 


My crafting friend said she received lots of cards and donations from the Cricut MB members and I am honored to have been a part of it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen


1 comment: